The 3rd annual Orlando Tech Week starts today and runs through Sunday, April 24th.
Orlando Tech Week is a showcase of technology, creativity, and entrepreneurial clusters power the future of Central Florida. The event connects thought leaders from Orlando’s Digital, Gaming, Healthcare, Sports & Entertainment and Creative sectors over the course of a week. It offers a number of guest speakers, workshops, meetups, parties and more that’s aimed at connecting Orlando’s business, creative and technology community.
This event would not be possible without the help and support of our fellow sponsors, UCF Coding Boot Camp, LMG, Purple Rock Scissors, Bright House Networks Business Solutions.
This year’s signature events will include Tech Bridge, Tech Tours, Orlando Tech Meetup, and the Future of Orlando Conference. In addition, there will be 20+ community events with topics ranging from diversity in tech, how to build a rockstar tea, and a hackathon with NASA.
Overview of OTW Signature Events
Tech Bridge– This job fair is a reverse pitch for employers, giving them the opportunity to pitch potential candidates. Employers will pitch the crowd and talk about the benefits, perks, and more of working with their company. The job fair will run from 5 PM through 7 PM on Monday April 18th.
- Ideal Candidates: Software developers, UX/UI Designers , Mobile Developers, Back-End Developers, Database Administrators, Product/Project Managers, and more!
- Hiring Partners: HostDime, Allogy, GolfNow, Concepta, UCF Coding Bootcamp, Accesso, NeoReach, AssistRX, Riptide Software, and Echo Interaction.
To register for Tech Bridge visit http://sched.co/6GHr
Tech Tours – This tour features three of Orlando’s tech developments. Attendees get to experience a behind-the-scenes, exclusive tour led by the innovators themselves. This year the tour will take attendees through JetBlue University, HostDIme, and GuideWell Innovation Center.
*This event is full.
T’s & Ties III – Get the chance to network with local tech and business professionals, enjoy some food and most importantly, have some fun. Dress code includes attendees wearing their coolest t-shirt or tie. There will be awards in the following categories: Old School, Local Love, Crowd Favorite and Hilarious t-shirt or tie. To register and learn more, visit http://sched.co/6KFk
Startup Expo – The Startup Expo will feature 18+ growing startups from Starter Studio, UCF and VentureScaleUP. The starters will get the chance to display their ideas, products and services. To learn more visit http://sched.co/6aD1
Orlando Tech Meetup – Orlando’s largest startup pitch night includes live demos from the region’s fastest growing tech companies. This month’s meetup will feature four companies.
- Carvana – Carvana is changing the way consumers buy their cars. Their mission is to make the overall car buying experience better by combining technology, transparency, and exceptional customer service. They’ve recently expanded into Orlando, making it the company’s first market in Florida.
- NeoReach – NeoReach is a leading social media influencer marketing platform. They help brands get new users by connecting them with bloggers and top social media influencers by leveraging endorsements for them.
- Fattmerchant – Fattmerchant, is a credit-processing service. They are altering the payment solutions industry by offering transparent subscription based merchant service.
- JumboGames – JumboGames recently won at Hack The Arena for the Orlando Solar Bears. They came up with a way to allow sports teams to invite fans into the game by playing trivia games on the Jumbotron using their phones as the controller.
To register visit http://www.meetup.com/Orlando-Tech/events/227892252/
Future of Orlando Conference – At this conference attendees will get an inside look at the technology, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit that drives the future of Central Florida. This event connects thought leaders from Orlando’s Digital, Gaming, Healthcare, Sports & Entertainment and Creative sectors. The conference will begin at 9 AM and go until 5 PM.
- The topics include: Innovate or Die: The Rise of Innovation Labs, A New Take on Gaming, Healthcare Innovation in Practice, Sports & Entertainment Tech, Design Thinking & UX, and Orlando’s Food Lab.
- Featured Speakers Include: Jack Elkins, Director of Innovation for the Orlando Magic, Karen Tilstra, Co-Founder of Florida Innovation Lab, Chris Hillier, Director of Business Innovation for Guidewell, Daryl Holt VP & Head of Operations of EA Studios, and many more.
To check out the rest of the speakers and view the full schedule for the day, visit http://week.orlandotech.org/futureconf.html
View the full schedule of 20+ events and register to at attend at OrlandoTechWeek.Com